answer to mystery noise

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 23:14:55 EDT

On a 25 year old Baldwin console, (the kind with the rubber grommets), when
either of the two damper pedals is depressed, there is a click.  What is it?
(answer  in 1 week).

Willem Blees

There do not seem to be any more suggestions coming in, so I will give the
answer.

The screw on the last tenor damper head was hitting the action bracket when
the pedal was pushed. Since it was in the bass, it happened when both pedals
were used.

I took care of the problem by adjusting the pedals so that they wouldn't lift
the dampers as far.

Small, insignificant little problem, but it took me 15 minutes to find it.
Hopefully you can stuff this in the back of your memory, and recall it when
the same problem occurs.

Willem