Replacing Broken Upright Damper Hangers

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 21:46:25 -0400

With a drill press it is easy to drill a hole in the lift rod to accept
a new hook.  I would find a suitable material that can be bent at right
a angle without breaking and use it.  0.010" or even 0.015" difference
in diameter is quite acceptable, the hanger can be rebushed to accept
the new hook with little problem.

I would drill a hole a couple of thousands smaller than the replacement
piece so the new hook can be driven into the new hole.  If needful it
can be soldered into place using a small butane torch.

See one of my last posts about alignment before installing.

Have a nice weekend.

        Newton
        nhunt@jagat.com