matchiing key color

Tom Dickson dickson@dlcwest.com
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 06:12:39 -0600

Greetings to the list!

    I did a small job for a client who had a chipped plastic keytop.  It
seemed too large for the acrylic trick, so I put on a new top.  I had
told her that the color could be a problem.  She said anything would be
better than the chip.

    My feeling was that anything wasn't better, but I had no options.

    The piano in question was a Lesage ( similar to Bell pianos ) circa
1922.  The material to cover keys was a soft type of plastic.  It was
strangely colored, and had almost a smoky, green cast to it.  Very odd
looking beside the white.

    Anyway, my question involves matching colors.  Does anyone have a
method for doing some type of key coloring so that a one or two top
replacement does not glare out from the keyboard?  Any help in this
matter would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Dickson

Regina, Sask., Canada