Keytop Adhesives

PDtek@aol.com PDtek@aol.com
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:44:32 EDT

Does anyone know of a good, non-toxic keytop adhesive? I have always used
Weldwood contact cement in the past with good results. Even with good
ventilation though, just 5 minutes of smelling that stuff turns me into the
poster boy for adolescent sniffing abuse. I have a good 3/4 mask but is not
very comfortable for that long a time. I tried the Elmers blue non-toxic
contact cement but it doesn't seem to hold as good.

 I admit that I am paranoid about my keytops coming loose every since early in
my career when I followed the advice of the author of a piano tuning and
repair book (who shall remain nameless) who recommended the use of a hot glue
gun for this purpose. As soon as they were in the customers piano, they
started popping off like crazy. Live and learn.

Anyway, I would like to hear any suggestions.

Dave Bunch