where do the broken needles go?

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:31:37 -0500 (CDT)

Susan,

   I agree with your thoughts. I occasionally break a needle but it's
usually because I've gotten in a hurry and am stabbing instead of pushing.
I haven't broken one in a quite a while now, so maybe my technique is
getting better.
   I know of a tech who made her own voicing tool, does a LOT of voicing,
and as far as I know, hasn't broken a needle in years. And this isn't a
tool where you can just loosen a screw and replace the needle.

>Wim, Mike, list ---
>
>With all due respect for people who do things differently than I do, how
>many needles do you guys break??
>
>I would think that if you break more than one or two a year, you might
>reconsider either your voicing techniques or your source of needles.

SNIP