humidity+pinblock work

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:04:02 EDT

<< Has anything really changed in current attitudes regarding new pinblock
work
 and stringing during humid weather?  (Like, New England in summertime).

 I've tried to avoid any such work because I'm convinced it produces poor
 results overall (unless you're working in a climate-controlled environment).
 I've seen many repinning jobs (and some new work) that were done in the
 summer, turn out to be very low torque situations in the winter.  Some of
 the early Asian grands have needed repinning after a while in this country,
 as we know.

 However,  I hear lately that some rebuilders who are using delignit blocks
 feel there's no problem with this.  So I'd like to read what others are
 thinking about it.  What sayest thou?

 Rob Stuart-Vail

I sayest:  Bull.   If I had to limit my rebuilding to just the time of year
the humidity is low, the sun is in the low sky, and the weather is nice, I
would never get done with the work. Granted there might be some torque
differences between the summer and winter, I think if you drilled the block
right, used the proper stringing techniques, and so forth, you shouldn't have
any problems.

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis