humidity+pinblock work

Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:03:02 -0700

If the (hard maple) laminations are less than about 3 mm, it shouldn't make much
difference what the environment is like when you install the block.  We do keep
our pinblock material in our conditioning room (controlled to between 6.0% and
6.5%) until we begin to process them, but we don't go through any heroics.  I
doubt that the rebuilders using Delignit blocks notice any difference at all.

I don't have enough experience with the 3 to 7 ply blocks using quarter-sawn
lumber to give you any kind of guidelines.  We don't use them.

Del