humidity+pinblock work

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 22:46:23 -0500 (CDT)

I don't think it makes a heck of a lot of difference with something like
Delignit or Falconwood. I use Delignit, and about the only concession I make
in drilling is for destined usage, I will use a 6.8mm bit normally, and
17/64" if it's going into a pathologically poor climate control situation
like a church or school system. In either case I double drill, 1/4" followed
by whichever to ream to size. No problems to speak of.

Ron

At 10:19 PM 9/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Has anything really changed in current attitudes regarding new pinblock work
>and stringing during humid weather?  (Like, New England in summertime).
>
>I've tried to avoid any such work because I'm convinced it produces poor
>results overall (unless you're working in a climate-controlled environment).
>I've seen many repinning jobs (and some new work) that were done in the
>summer, turn out to be very low torque situations in the winter.  Some of
>the early Asian grands have needed repinning after a while in this country,
>as we know.
>
>However,  I hear lately that some rebuilders who are using delignit blocks
>feel there's no problem with this.  So I'd like to read what others are
>thinking about it.  What sayest thou?
>
>Rob Stuart-Vail

 Ron