SMOKING

Jerry Hunt jhunt@geocities.com
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:24:43 +0100

Working off of memory here (close to a pun), which is to say I can't quote a
definitive source, but I seem to recall that it has something to do with the
fact that smoking over time damages capillaries. Damages to tiny capillaries
in the ear results in loss of hearing. Damages to capillaries is what causes
"smokers nose", i.e. red nose. It is also the same effect that sometimes
requires amputation of limbs (most commonly legs) of long-time smokers.

I learned all this good stuff in the smoking cessation program I took about
5 years ago - and quit smoking after having smoked for almost 20 years.

Thus ends my "more than you probably cared to know about the effects of
smoking" post.

--
Jerry Hunt
Dallas, TX USA