Clean Hands/Keys(wasRe: where do the broken needles go?

RptBob1@aol.com RptBob1@aol.com
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 18:52:47 EDT

<< would like to ask that question to
 a lot of professional musicians. Sometimes I had to clean the
 keyboard_before_I started to tune. Talk about grunge <shutter>.

As part of my service, I always clean the keytops of every piano I tune-
whether in a private home or at a school.  I know the customer appreciates the
(2 minutes) extra service, and I know I am not picking up a lot of unwanted
crud and germs.  Incidentally:using something with a slight "clean"fragrance
always draws attention to what you have done.  I love the fragrance of liquid
Murphy's Oil Soap and for many customers it affords instant recognition. I
also use a mild ammonia/water solution (much cheaper than Murphy's-but no
fragrance).

Bob Bergantino,RPT
South Euclid, Ohio