Smaller Keyboards

Spockstein@aol.com Spockstein@aol.com
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 08:18:21 EDT

List,

I am sorry to bring this up again in such a short period of time but  I would
like more information if possible. I have recently met a wonderful lady living
in Japan who plays the piano. We got to know eachother better and it turns out
she has lived in Boston and has attended Harvard. well, she related to me of
her problem with small hands. She won many competitions in Japan as a child
but has struggled to play many things because of her hand size. I told her of
the man, or men, or women for that matter :-), who have made smaller keyboards
for people. I want to know how that works exactly...does it use the same
action? Or can the current action be modified? Do not worry, I haven't gotten
her hopes up just to smash them if it isn't possible, but......If you could
tell me anything about it and at least a name and address, possibly phone
number, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for all the wonderful information passed around on this list.

Caleb McVey