like mother like daughter

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 09:04:00 -0400

There's something about piano work that keeps us women looking/feeling
young ... look around at the next convention!  Many of us have been in the
field for a number of years now, coming to it from a variety of other
careers.

Anybody out there familiar with Hanna Grover from Massachusetts?  She lived
to be 95.  I suspect she was forced to retire when she was sentenced to
live in a nursing home.  Some of my early customers had some funny stories
about the old lady with the toolkit who could barely walk over to the piano
... and then thought nothing of sliding in under the piano to fix the
trapwork.

Another woman we have to acknowledge is Christine Lovgren, a teacher at
North Bennet Street School and the mother of a wonderful young daughter.
We'll have to wait and see what the daughter (whose name currently escapes
me) will decide to do for a career.

Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net

----------
From: Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu>
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: like mother like daughter
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 1998 1:12 PM

>>Elizabeth Ward, RPT in 1977. Full time piano technician since 1976, part
time
>>before that, and she is such a young lady!
>>
>>Dale Probst

That would be _biased_, I think, not pre-judged-issd.

  ...and she _is_ young.

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer         Office - (319) 387-1204
Luther College            Music Dept Fax - (319) 387-1076
700 College Drive         hoffsoco@luther.edu
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

       Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) of
   Digitally Activated Biopowered Tone Generation Systems
"If you have to plug it in, or you can't watch how it works,
                I don't work on it."