player parts/tools

Clair Dunn cadunn@vt2000.com
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 06:25:32 -0400

Hi--
I have had a tracker bar pump backordered at APSCO for a long time. I
called, and they said they haven't had any for 2 years. Though APSCO has a
number of pp parts in the back of their catalogue, the fact that they don't
have this basic tool, makes me think there must be another source for player
parts/tools. I would much appreciate a name/phone number, etc.

Umm- as you might have guessed, I will be one of the odd balls who WANTS to
work on players. My main interest is in old pianos. Vintage if you will. A
large part of that "vintageness" included players. Of course, I don't have
one yet, even broken ones are too expensive for me. But, I'm using the time
sans player to read all I can. All I want the tracker bar pump for is to
help me be ready for someone who might want me to tune their player! I was
entralled by the hands on session Saturday night at Providence by the fellow
with the old Gulbansen. I watched his presentation about 5 times and would
have killed for a player that night. I'm some what calmer now, just longing
in a more civilized manner.

I think the player portion of a piano is a remarkable invention and aim to
be able to restore them to health.

Which reminds me-- is there a list or magazine? All my player books are
reprints of the old standards. No modern info.

Thanks much for any info--
Clair
cadunn@vt2000.com