Full of themselves

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:46:56 -0400

This boils down to trust and it goes both ways.  I have met customers
like those you describe but never called them back and I was much to
busy with other customers when they call.  Even if I did not have a full
day I would still thank my lucky stars that I do not have to deal with
them again.

I have met people like that on the stage.  Performers fall into two
categories, those that leave a short terse note to the effect that they
were having trouble with a certain key and those who left a multi-page
evaluation of the instrument.  Guess who I bent over backwards to
please.  True, I have to deal with them only once, thank the gods, not
on a regular basis.

Many Dallas technicians will remember Blain The Pain, who was always
dissatisfied with his piano, no matter how good it was.  Arrogance on my
part compelled me to try to satisfy him.  He was hobbling himself by
blaming the piano (and he had several) instead of trying to improve his
music making.

Your time, self confidence and integrity are worth more than their
opinion of you.

                                Newton