Brand Spanking New Grand...

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:53:25 EDT

<< I will be tuning a recently purchased new "middle of the road" grand piano
 that will be used on a concert stage.  The piano is a Weber with a 6'1"
 length.  I've already convinced the stage manager to purchase a Dampp-Chaser
 system and a piano cover.  The stage will be fairly cool year round except
 when the lights are on for concerts.

 What are some other things I can do to help, protect and maintain this brand
 spanking new piano?  (Besides tune it four times in the upcoming year?)  I'm
 all ears >>

Ask them to build a cabinet on stage in which the piano can be stored when it
is not in use. The cover will only protect the piano from small items set on
it. But stage hands have a tendency to use a grand piano as a step ladder, or
work bench.

Willem Blees