Full of themselves

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@NAU.EDU
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 21:32:28 -0600

Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:

> I hope you feel better now that you wrote this.
>
> One way of dealing with people who drive you crazy, is to vent your
> frustration and anger out at those who will sympathize with you, and tell you
> everything will be ok. There is nothing you can do to change the concert
> pianists temperament. All we can do is learn how to deal with it. In other
> words, don't let the bastards get you down, and just do the best job you know,
> and do what needs to be done, in the time alloted.
>
> Wim .

Ya, I have to say I do feel a bit better.  I'm used to working with stuffy
pianists but these and a few other particulars just struck me as a bit odd.
Interesting hearing some of your tales though. I particularly got a kick out of
the Mark Graham's "This one's in tune, this one is not" story. I think he also
wins the prise for his closing statement:

"The real professionals don't have to tell you they're professionals --
at least not more than once."

Well said, Thank you!

Rob Goodale, RPT