Retail prices & piano teachers et al.

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 21:30:13 EDT

<<
 Regarding the latter part, I recall an idea from Randy Potter's business
advice.
 He suggested some type of voucher system, if I am not mistaken, whereby
members
 of a church ( for example ) have their own pianos tuned and for each tuning,
the
 church receives a credit amount.  After a certain number of congregation
tunings,
 the church tuning is basically free.  I haven't tried it, but it is a twist
that
 might be of use to you in the future.

 Tom Dickson

I do not give discounts to anyone including churches unless I get referrals.
After tuning for the referral, I note it on my client file to give the one who
gave a referral, a one time $5 credit toward the next tuning.  Referrals
almost always come from those who I have service before.  Even in my own
church I do not discount.  I give far more when the hat is passed.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR