Confession

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:52:15 -0400

Dear List,

Listen up folks, I will say this only once.

For the first time in my life I have made a mistake.

After speaking to a technical person at the WD-40 center in San Diego I
have learned the following.  Only 2/3rds of WD-40 is comprised of
volatiles.  The remaining 1/3rd is a mixture of lubricants and rust
inhibitors.

I plan to by more circumspect in the use of WD-40 in the future,
especially around pianos.  I don't know why it works so well in Asian
frozen center pins but will consider alternative products before WD-40.

Well, there it is, my confession.

                    Newton