capo 'astro bar?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 14:25:07 -0500 (CDT)

JIMRPT,
At 11:27 9/24/98 EDT, you wrote:

>In a message dated 9/24/98 11:19:22 AM, Wim wrote:
>
><<He looked at CAPO D'ASTRO, and said, Capo means head. what does D'ASTRO
>mean?>>
>
> It is an archaic Italian term whose literal meaning is " makea you head swim
>with the different ways it can screw up the termination of a string"
> OK?

I think that's close enough.  I recall someone saying that it is a
high-falutin' made up word - looks impressive, but that's as far as it goes.

you gotta problem wid dat? ;-}

conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT		hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu

E meglio un giorno da lione che cento anni come una pecora.

(In the next language I plan to study.)