Discounting (was - RE: A New One)

arth arth@bellsouth.net
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:59:43 -0500

I've been lurking, lurking!! But I thought I'd post something here. I made an agreement with a local teacher
to tune his piano once a year FREE. In return he sends me tons of  students. He has a mail out and I receive a
certain mention. He has a certain turn over, so I keep the current students (hopefully; even after they leave
him) but I get all the new ones as well. He educates them on the necessity of tuning, and even tells them that
they need to tune up.  I send out a little thank you note to every client (they love it, and the teacher likes
it too, he likes his students to be real pleased, after all, he's in business too). I would do this for every
teacher I possibly could. After all this business is about making money, isn't it?

henry artigue
new orleans (where hurricane george is probably headed)