Samicks pianos

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 09:28:28 EDT

In a message dated 9/25/98 1:01:10 AM, Glenn wrote:

<<He keeps going about how many good US manufacturers were put out
of business by the Korean brands who would just keep dropping  their prices
until it happened.>>

Glenn:
 Sounds like a good old American custom to me.  Isn't this what happened with
Aeolian American and their various and sundry price point brands? If I am
correct neither Samick nor YC were exporting pianos to the US in the 50's or
60's, very early 70's, during the period when  many piano companies went out
of business, it was price pressure from a good ole American Co.!  Does that
make it better than if a Korean or Japanese Co. is involved?
  Samick and YC have both improved in quality as the years have passed and not
regressed in quality as those "good US manufacturers" did and as such they are
still in business while the "good US manufacturers" are not........... As an
example and case in point........ When Kimball went out of the piano business
a few years back, if you had been looking to spend 2,000 on a 'new' console
would you have bought a Kimball or a Samick/YC ?  Nough said? :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)