Capo d'Astro

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 00:32:46 -0500

I would like to add some considerations to Jim's post below.
The reason the Capo d'Astro bar was invented IMHO was because agraffes in
the upper treble didn't permit the hammers to strike the strings at the
optimum point.
	This can be seen where some makers used an "overhanging" agraffe in the
upper section. And that lead to a bar that supplied the bearing from above
that allowed the hammers to hit at any point that was desirable. Something
agraffes (seated from below) couldn't allow. ...

Richard Moody