split bass bridge

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 08:54:12 -0600

John,
Hie thee to thy nearest hobby shop. They will have a product that is used
in building models,
It comes in three different thicknesses. I use all three but mostly the
thinnest for loose pins and the gap filling for most other jobs.
Joe Goss
You know you are on the level if your bubble is in the middle.

----------
> From: Pengelly Pensionč <pengelly@insidenet.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: split bass bridge
> Date: Saturday, September 26, 1998 1:12 AM
>
> Hi, I have read a number of posts recently on the wonders of CA glue.
> My questions are exactly what is it and where can one find it in
> Canada? I checked with a couple of hardware stores but they had
> no idea what it was. Thanks. John Pengelly.
>
> ----------
> > From: Richard Moody <remoody@easnet.net>
> > To: pianotech@ptg.org
> > Subject: split bass bridge
> > Date: September 24, 1998 12:17 AM
> >
> > Put the piano on its back.  Release the strings in question and detatch
> > from hitch pin. Make sure any split wood pieces are kept in their
> positon.
> > Put the pins back in their positions as best as you can by eye.  Tap
them
> > in slightly. This should give them good alingment.
> > 	Drop in CA glue until well saturated.  Come back next day check
> alingment
> > and drop in more.  Come back next day and drop in CA  until when it
dries
> > it is level with bridge surface.  If need be, use rotary wire brush
with
> > Moto tool and dress B pins and notches or bevels.
> > 	I have used epoxy, liquid steel, bondo, but I prefer the liquid CA.
The