Dampchaser Corner-cutter

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 16:38:43 EDT

To the List:

I ran into the strangest Dampchaser installation today and wonder if anyone
can figure out the why of it:

This was installed in the small console I worked on today for the first time.
The humidistat, rod, and tank looked like they were no more than 2 or 3 years
old.  But the installation had NO low-water warning light, no water level
probes, no plastic filler tube and the customer was not supplied with a water
can.

My question is, of course, can anyone out there give any insight as to why her
previous tooner-errrr- tuner would ever make such an incomplete installation.

The customer had not filled her water container for over six months and the
unit was unplugged.  Little wonder!  She related how much difficulty she had
removing the kickboard to fill the tank and drew weary of the challenge.

Any thoughts?

Bob Bergantino, RPT
South Euclid, Ohio