Dampchaser Corner-cutter

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 21:09:42 -0400

RptBob1@AOL.COM wrote:

> The humidistat, rod, and tank looked like they were no more than 2 or 3 years
> old.

You can tell when the humidistat was manufactured by looking at the
serial number.  The first six digits are the date.  For example, units
made yesterday would be 092598.  (What will they do about y2K?!)

The most logical reason I can think of for such a partial installation
is ignorance on the part of the installer that the missing components
were even available.  That would be possible if a beginning tuner just
asked for a humidifier, dehumidifier and control unit to be sent.  When
I first heard of Dampp-Chasers I didn't know about the hose, can and
light, but fortunately I learned before installing any.  (Or did I
install one that way and have to go back to complete the project?  I
really don't remember!)

If I were in your place I would seriously consider inquiring who
installed the components, give him/her a call and inquire.  You might be
able to teach someone something, although they hopefully learned on
their own by now.

Clyde Hollinger
Field Expert, Dampp-Chaser Electronics (like probably every else on this
list!)