SAT RCT

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 02:07:45 -0600

Hi Jim,
           Lets be fair and objective, you sell these machines and
therefore have a commercial interest in the success of Sat111, which does
not have the diagnostic capabilities of RCT or the up grade ability at
minimal cost.  Sat111 is playing catch up with RCT's flexibility.
  This is the first time I have ever disagreed with you, but on this matter
I think you are less than objective, please be fair.
  My choice for RCT was for many reasons not least voicing data, that can
be extrapolated into stretch factors that SAT111 can not begin to compete.
It is no big secret that Dean is in the final stages of working on a
windows version, and that some of us are working on advanced use of PAZ.
  To those that are thinking of a new ET wait and compare side by side and
chose the unit to suit your needs.
  If portability and battery life is your major concern then buy a SAT111,
if a dynamic diagnostic tool is important, wait.
Respectfully
Roger

At 08:16 PM 26/09/98 -0700, you wrote:

>How wrong can you be? I was an RCT user for 1 1/2 years. The future is in
>the SAT III. How many versions of the past RCT have you seen? Talk about
>recycled past? The new SAT III is all new. Processor at twice the speed.
>Yes, I've carried two batteries and a charger. I've had it with chargers.
>How many times have I had to recalculate a tuning using the RCT? Too many.
>With the SAT III, you can alter on the fly if you like. It is a dedicated
>machine that tunes like piano tuners like to tune. The SAT III hears very
>well. You don't have to redo your measurements. You don't even need all the
>piano memory it has. I primarily use pages 1 and 2. It's so easy to
>calculate a new tuning. It's quicker for me to calculate a new tuning than
>to look among the thousands of tuning I have in the RCT and find the one
>I want.
>
>Jim Coleman, Sr.
>
>On Sat, 26 Sep 1998 PIANO2NR@AOL.COM wrote:
>
>> As an RCT/WIN 95 beta tester and former SAT user (12 years) I can tell you
>> they are worlds apart.  RCT is the future. SATIII is recycled past. Don
Rose
>> is right on the money.
>>
>> Randy Mangus,RPT

Roger Jolly