High Tech Devices...

atonal@telusplanet.net atonal@telusplanet.net
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 11:52:37 -0600

Greetings All,

	Seems like the old Holy Wars have begun again, SAT's vs
RCT's vs Phase Linear Molecular String Resonance Aligners...

I use (and therefore everyone else should use*...) an extremely
complex tuning/voicing analyzer, capable of a frequency response
of 17 - 20 000 hz, more than enough for piano tuning, able to
simultaneously track multiple beating frequencies, battery life
measured in years, uses stereo sampling for a more accurate
measurement, and is a completely analog system. It is able to
detect changes in string pitch and timbre on the fly, as well as
allowing for changes in scaling and extraneous noise, string
buzzing, etc. This system is lightweight, 100% portable, and
extremely affordable.

	For record keeping and advance bookings on site, I use an
instantaneous input-output device, error-correcting, fits in a shirt
pocket, has a 100% system crash free record, and is again
extremely affordable.

	e-mail me for details on the above items, and I'm sure my
distrubution department can work out a spectacular deal....

*disclaimer: this is by no means a serious statement... if you find
this statement, or the entire message to be offensive or damaging
to your esteem as a professional Piano Technician, I refer you to
our consumer complaints centre which will recommend watching
old Simpsons episodes until you develop a sense of humour about
such matters.

Havin' Fun on Sunday Morn....

Rob Kiddell,
Registered Piano Technician, PTG