Who was the better?

Vballx@AOL.COM Vballx@AOL.COM
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 14:44:53 EDT

To Del
Can you tell me your vesion of what a complete rebuild would be?
My understanding of a complete rebuild is to; restring the piano, replacing
the pinblock, replacing the hammer heads, damper felts,and key bushings and
possibly replacing or completely overhauling other sets of parts as well. Even
refinnishing the piano can be considerd par of the rebuild. This is mostly
taken from THE PIANO BOOK.  I've been using this as my reference and I have to
say that everything that I have read and quoted has been done to this piano.
The shop I'm getting this piano from has been in business for 50 years.  I do
have to say I don't think they know the fair market value for this piano and
others in their shop.  They are sticklers for perfection.
Del, thankyou for all of your knowledge, You're a true professional in this
world pianos. Hats off.