dinosaurs (was Dampchaser Corner-cutter)

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 15:17:31 EDT

In a message dated 9/27/98 1:12:12 PM, Susan wrote:

<<"So, two heads are not better than one? They died because they couldn't make
up their minds?">>

Well no not in this case, and as a general rule two heads aren't better then
one,
when the heads are controlling the same body either literally or physicaly.
  Yasee the two brains of the Dinosaurs both controlled the same body and
formed a defacto 'committee'............. the brain in the head controlled the
front part of the body as well as the back brain. The brain in the back,
typically in the final third of the spinal region,  controlled the back part
of the body, i.e. legs and tail.

  Now you must remember these thingees were huge dillies and their brains were
quite some distance from each other and it took some short period of time for
impulses/thoughts to be transmitted between the two brains and to complete
transmission to the desired areas............ due to the "global warming"
occurring at that time there were numerous and massive earthquakes and with
the resultant cracks appearing in the ground being very commonplace.

  Well, as has been documented extensively on the SAT vs RCT vs Aural web
page,
the dinosaurs more or less self destructed due to the two brains.

  What happened was that as the Dinosaurs ran away from an area of earthquakes
they would be faced with huge cracks in the ground.  Well...... no problem for
the front brain...... it just told the front legs to stop, as it was sending
the impulses to the back brain telling it to stop the back legs.  Well Maam,
as a good committee member should do it immediately sent a message to the back
legs telling them to 'prepare' to stop..even while it was sending a message
back to the front brain asking for clarification of the previous
thought.........all the while you must remember the front legs have stopped
and the back legs haven't yet..........

  While the thoughts were being passed back and forth between the front and
back brains, and the front legs were stopped, the back legs pushed the
Dinosaur over the edge of the cliffs/canyons formed by the earthquake, which
in turn was caused by "global warming".

  So the message is clear enough I suppose.  Petroleum/oil came from these
"failed committee meetings" as huge numbers of critters collected at the
bottom of these cracks in the ground.  We make most of our plastics from the
end results of these icons of "collective thought" and as such I can't help
but feel that if we are not careful we will suffer from like happenings with
our ETDs.  You see ETDs are made, in large, measure of Plastics which are made
from the failed "committee meetings" or the "lets put our heads together and
discuss this because two heads are better than one" line of thinking.
>From a hystorical point of view. :-)

  For those who are too busy to put this together....you can't tune a piano
with two tuners at the same time...someone, or something, has to make the
final
decision (s).  If you are comfortable with the ETD of your choice making the
decisions... great! If you are comfortable making the decisions and using your
preferred ETD as a verifying factor thats great too!  What is not great is
making the desision not to make a decision until forced to. So be careful that
your back legs don't push you off a precipice in tuning, aurally or with an
ETD of your choice.
Jim Bryant (FL)