Loaner pianos

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 15:27:51 EDT

Dear Friends and Collegues,

I am wondering about loaner pianos for customers who are having their pianos
rebuilt. Some still want little Johnie and Suzie to practice but while their
piano is in my shop, it is hard when they have to go without for 3-6 months.

Has anyone ever loaned a piano for customers like these?  Do you loan them
free? Monthly rentals?  Quality of pianos you loan?  Do they pay for the
moving costs and insurance?

I am expecting a piano to arrive to my shop after the first of the year and
this is what my customer is asking. I did not promise anything but I do I have
a spinet that can be used for something like this but I have never considered
this and would appreciate any feedback you can give.

Thanx in advance.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR