Royal monikers

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@NAU.EDU
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 13:56:52 -0600

> >Okay, list, maybe someone can tell me: Have any of you come across any
> >piano with a name suggestive of royalty or named after a composer that was
> >fit for any musical endeavor at however elementary a level?

I believe the Kincaid piano company, makers of arguably the worst "peeanohs" in
the world including the spinets and consols they marketed under the name
"grand", had a piano they named after a composer. I can't recall who at the
moment, Beethoven, Chopin, or some such thing. I never saw a piano made from
this company that wasn't beyond firewood when it was new. The soundboards were
literally a piece of plywood and no two tuning pins were ever drilled at the
same angle. The tone quality... Peeew!

Rob Goodale, RPT