Repetition

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 19:30:16 EDT

<<
 The repetitive use of "repitition" on the list has come to the attention
 of the Spelling Police. Go thou, and spell it "repetition." Oh, and it's
 "involute", not "invalute", in case anyone wants to look it up.

 Bob Anderson "The Friend of the Spelling Police"
 Tucson, AZ

Bob:
We ought to join forces and create a Spelling Police Society-SPS.  I just get
more and more aware of these spelling glitches- not typographical errors- that
are present on our site.  I wonder if the AMA website has contributors with
similar tendencies that "take liberties" with our written language.  Typos
occur when members want to write quickly and get their thoughts out to the
list.  Spelling errors are more obvious.
Imagine filling out a customer's invoice replete with many misspellings.  What
would they think of us as professionals? Of course, the nice thing about AMA
members is that only the Pharmacist can read his/her writing- and doesn't that
scare you?

So: how about it?  We'll split up the responsibilities. You take the odd-
numbered weeks and I'll take the evens.

Bob