Sticking centers again

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 21:19:53

At 10:34 PM 9/29/98 EDT, you wrote:

>In a message dated 9/29/98 7:57:55 PM, a10pater@xs4all.nl wrote:
>
><<"Later on in the notes he discribes The Treatment. The tighter the
>centerpin,
>
>the more alcohol. For example in a hamer flange of a grand, you take 5%
>
>alcohol, 95% water. With a damper or a whippen, you take 70/30%.">>

Hello, Albertien

a manner. I believe that the more water in the solution, the more it
shrinks the cloth. The 70/30% solution doesn't put as much water in contact
with the wool, so the wool doesn't shrink as much, so the center pin stays
tighter.

Interesting that Renner has worked this out so exactly.

Thanks for writing.

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651