Bidding Restringing Job

Jerry Hunt jhunt@geocities.com
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:07:17 -0500

I may be getting my first re-stringing job for pay soon, and would
appreciate some assistance on calculating the bid. I estimate that the
bass strings are going to run just under $150. And while I haven't yet
run the numbers, I can get a pretty good handle on how much my cost of
the plain wire will be. Finally, I use Joe Garret's Repair Labor Guide
to figure labor. Generally, I charge customers double my cost of parts
and accessories. So, my question is, do you normally use this same
markup for strings?

Thanks for any and all advice.

--
Jerry Hunt