Billing for your (travel) time...

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 13:00:35 -0700

> Your charge is $50 to go "that far out of town." How far is "that far"?
>
> We've discussed this on the list before, but it might be interesting to cover
> this topic again, since there are some new people on the list. What is the
> "rule of thumb" for going out side your "normal" service area?
>
> I was taught a long time ago to charge $1 per mile, one way to the
> destination, on top of the regular service fee. I now charge $1.50 per mile.
> What are some other thoughts on this matter? How much? how far?
>
> Willem

  I am very central to my urban area, a 30 min. driving radius includes
 major communities, urban, and suburban I consider reasonable
to call a normal service area. Suburban communities outside this circle
that are 30 min. to 45 min drive from home base incur a flat $15 fee,
applied at my discretion.( designated landmarks for points of reference
are 30 and 45min respectively.in normal driving conditions)
Outside the 45 min. zone an additional 50 cents a kilometer as far
as I am willing to go.

I find this simple, and serves my purpose.

..... comments welcome.

                                            David Renaud
                                             RPT