underwriter lab (was "What would you do?")

Nancy McMillan nlm@csu.cted.net
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:38:20 -0500

Jon Page wrote:

> FWIW,
> The PTG is an organization, much the same as Consumer Reports.
> To that end they could publish a guide and stay out of endorsement.
> After all, it's hard enough to mind your own business.

Hi Jon,

I would say that Larry Fine's publication, The Piano Book, pretty much has
this covered.  I donated a copy to my local library and intend to do the
same to other area libraries.  That way when people call and ask about
buying a piano, besides what I tell them over the phone I can also direct
them to their local library for more information through Larry's book.

Sincerely,

Doug Mahard, Associate