when the piano isn't played

Wed, 1 Dec 1999 07:53:29 -0500

Clyde -

My thinking would be simply that parts designed to be moving parts
benefit from moving every so often to help prevent an "arthritic" piano
action.  I can't really speak to the issue of soundboards benefitting
from resonating.  I hear that about violins, but am not clear as to the
merits of that argument.

What does seem to be true, though, is that the only pianos I have seen
that had an infestation of mice, or anything else, for that matter, were
pianos that were not being played.  Who would want to live inside a piano
that is being played?

Mark Potter
bases-loaded