underwriter lab (was "What would you do?")

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 21:08:23 +0100

Hi Patrick.. Nice Post.. well thought out and a bit more balance then some of
these raving lunatic responses predicting god knows what horrible consequences
if the PTG even thinks about sticking its nose out even far enough to seriously
look into what could be done... Grin...

Having said that...hehe... I hadnt really imagined a Piano Police... tho I
understand how some would overreact seriously in that direction. Just some form
of solid pressure on the absolute bottom of the industry. That part which
almost all of us can aggree upon shouldnt be produced, is fraudulant.. etc.
There are these kinds of pianos produced and everyone knows it.

This post started as a query as to what to do, from a tech in a situation where
he was insecure as to how to handle a new piano with obvioius deficiancies.
Really gentlemen... the situation should not really come up. And it wouldnt if
we could all stop arguring about why it nothing can be done, and instead start
looking for what can be done. Being human beings.... we most certainly can find
some positive form of influence above and beyond what we do now to exert on the
market.

Further... lawsuits smallshuites.... let em try stopping anyone from expression
of their opinions. A well thought out testing proceedure which sticks to
verifiable facts as to functionality can be nothing for the PTG to fear. ...
tho no doubt there are those who would like us to believe it is.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway