[Fwd: PTG Member Survey Now "Up"]

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 17:09:50 -0600

>...I have not recieved any book or
>pamphelet or what-have-you concerning by-laws.

Maybe the Home Office can provide you with a copy of the Piano Technicians
Guild (PTG) Bylaws, Regulations & Codes with a simple request from you.

>...I will be making the jump to RPT as soon as I can manage it...
>
>Richard Brekne
>I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
>Bergen, Norway

You just might be setting a precedent for PTG, and a dilemma for the
Bylaws, because one of the requirements to take the examinations is to be a
member in good standing, and by definition you are an International
Correspondent, which is out of the 75 mile jurisdiction of a chapter, and
therefore, considered a non-member affiliation.

If someone hasn't already done what you are preparing to do, you will be
'rocking the Bylaws boat' by even being allowed to take the tests and by
someone saying you can use the designation Registered Piano Technician
(RPT).    :-)

Now I'm far from an being expert on the Bylaws, but it appears that some
changes/additions in the wording will have to be implemented through the
appropriate committee to accomodate your unique situation, and then
eventually presented to Council for acceptance before such a thing could
actually take place.

That information should that make you feel extra, extra special?  (hehe)

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild