Challenge question: Where's the Squeek?

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat, 04 Dec 1999 18:53:17 -0500

Hi Dale,

I have done this a bunch, remove the old pitman and install one that
has a 5/8" punching at each end the fits into a 5/8" flat bottomed
socket cut into the damper tray and into the pedal lever.  On S&Ss the
trick is to remove the felt lining of the hole and arrange the holes
so the pitman does not rub on the sides of the hole.  Some tricks to
do that too.  The idea is to make the conversion without removing much
more than the lyre, being lazy and all.  Hope your class goes well.

		Newton