Yamaha C7

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 23:08:25 -0600

David,

This might not be what you are looking for, but you can get Emralon from
Apsco.  Page 44, 391868, $23.50 (less discount) for 12 oz.  I was going to
order some the other day, but decided to wait for a future order, so it was
fresh on the brain.

Could you use graphite to get you by?  Wasn't that used in bygone years?
Would Protek (or graphite for that matter) affect applicability of Emralon
at a later date?  I'm not sure...thinking out loud.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of David ilvedson
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 1999 1:15 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Yamaha C7

List,

I worked on a Yamaha C7, #5070074, about 8 years old.  I
noticed a odd clicking, frictioney sound and feel.  I removed a
wippen and found green "emrylon"? in rep spring groove.
Where the spring contacted the groove the emrylon was gone
and there was a wood/white spot.  I'm not sure if there is a
dent in the groove but a drop of Protek temporarily? fixed it.
Worked smooth as can be.  What is the correct lube here?
Should I smooth groove with a cuticle stick or such?  Is this a
warranty item?

David Ilvedson, RPT
David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA