ER musician's filters

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 09:19:48 -0600

Marcel,

Two weeks ago I ordered the custom-fit plugs made by Westone, the 15 dB AND
the 9 dB filters/inserts.  My total cost for all of that was $188 US,
including tax.  I have yet to receive them, and hope to have them this week
sometime.  I will ask how much 9 dB filters cost if you like.  My
audiologist may be able to arrange to have them shipped directly to you.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Marcel Carey
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 1999 7:59 AM
To: pianotech
Subject: ER musician's filters

Hi List!

I inquired to my audiologist to get the new 9db filters for my ER earplugs.
I almost lost consciousness when she told me the price. They want $ 150.00
(canadian mind you) for the filters only.  Since I paid $175 for the fitting
and the custom made plugs two years ago, I was wondering if  I was getting
ripped or what. If any of you have had to buy the filters only and if yes,
how much did you pay for them. I'm considering getting them from a U.S. list
member.

Thanks

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC