Putting on the Bridal Strap

Nancy McMillan nlm@csu.cted.net
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 19:47:01 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <Wimblees@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 1999 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: Putting on the Bridal Strap

> In a message dated 12/5/99 7:30:08 PM !!!First Boot!!!, rrg@nevada.edu
writes:

> << ...and just think, I don't even have to pay extra to the
>  government for having an employee!!
>
>  Rob Goodale, RPT >>
>

> Actually, Bob, if you use her in the shop, you can pay her, and deduct her
> salary from what you make. But then you will have to pay her Social
Security.
> You might want to check with your accountant.

Hi Rob,
Once you two are married and you intend to put her on the books as an
employee you can offer her a medical plan as part of compensation.  Then she
can claim you on that plan as a family member and the whole medical
insurance can be written off.  Once again, check with your accountant.

Doug Mahard