Renner key easing pliers

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 06:57:27 -0800

CAPSTANDAN@AOL.COM wrote:

> Dear list,
> Question: I'm considering obtaining some fine key easing pliers from Renner
> (the type designed to enable the tech. to ease the key WHILE IN THE PIANO.
> I've seen the 2 types they make, but I'd appreciate having other opinions
> from those of you who use both or one of the two.  One type is the taperd 2
> jaws parallel pliers (in the original Renner cat. # 1616), the other type is
> Not parallel 2 jaws with a "tongue/swivel" thing in the middle. # 1617.
> Any thoughts/recommendations will be mostly appreciated.
> -Dan Amihud  RPT

Dan,

I had my eyes on those for a year or more and then happened upon a job
where it would have enabled me to do the work in half the time - and
better!  Ordered them by overnight delivery and they paid for themselves
with the one job.  The one I got was from Pianotek, but it's the same as
your Renner #1617.  Before you try it you may think the swivel plate
makes it clumsy to use, but you soon discover that it couldn't be
easier.

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA