Time to level pins, dress coils...?

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 23:40:17 PST

>From: "Brian Trout" <btrout@desupernet.net>

>comforting the customer who hears something like a person destroying their
>piano, etc.

How _true_!  Early on, when my Dad and I were both beginners, we let a
customer talk us into restringing a piano in her music room.  What a
mistake!  She was a timid elderly type and almost had a heart attack from
hearing the pounding.  We should have realized, every kid who grew up with a
piano in the house was told "Don't pound on the piano!"

>Diane, I do hope things are well with you.  I imagine you must be very
>busy,
>not only keeping up with the normal holiday rush, but also being short a
>worker.  I do hope Murray is recovering well, and that you're both in good
>spirits.

Thanks, Brian,  Murray is doing surprisingly well, but still not able to
work.  He DID chip the lowest two + octaves of the Viennese grand for me
(which was a blessing as I have trouble in the bass) and he went to the
customer's party after the piano was delivered with me for about an hour.

I sure hated to part with that piano!  I fell in love with it while working
on it.  Holding those 150+ year old parts, covering the hammers with
deerskin which felt sumptious and smelled wonderful....and then when we
finally could play it!!!!!  :-)  !!!!!!

>Best wishes to you,
Same to you!
Diane