Touch Weight Too Heavy on MX100

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 18:38:20 +0100

I dont recognize this model number.. but I assume its a small grand diskplayer
??

If so.. it strikes me that these weight figures you report are not sooooo
awfull that you couldnt bring them down to acceptables with a few good old
standard tricks like reducing hammer weight a bit, and protecking the damper
centers. That B7 is pretty darned high but there is usually some easy to fix
cause for the occasional way out of limits key.

I'd first try a few spot checks to see what you can do with regulating and
hammer weight. Check the geometry as well, but you know all that. As for the
friction.. almost looks like you got to little in a few places.. or what ??
Does the action play kinda sloppy ??

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway