Enlarging Castor Recesses

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 22:20:47 PST

Hi Ed!

  I have the easiest solution of all, I simply delegate the job to my two
male partners  :-)

  Seriously though, the last few sets we have just cut out wooden washers
and inserted them in the hollow from the old casters, thus the new caster
doesn't go so deeply into the hole and it clears the sides.  It _does_ make
the piano higher (about 1/4" to 1/2"); however, have you ever walked around
a room full of pianos and measured how high the keys are from the floor?  It
varies much more than that from piano to piano.

  Is your item #1 essentially the same thing?  If so, why haven't you been
satisfied with it?

  We find the job to be neater, faster and cheaper for the customer.  You
could cut several sets at once and have them in your parts boxes along with
an assortment of longer screws.

Diane