1911 Steinway finish touch up

Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:06:26 -0500

Jerry -

I would wet sand the scratches out the best you can without getting into
color - and avoid the decal, of course.  Use 400 paper.  Wipe dry.  Wipe
clean with naptha and recoat.  I'm sure the original finish is varnish,
but this is a good location for a polyurethane - match the sheen of the
existing finish.  Be aware that any visible scratches will be just as
obvious under a new top coat as they are now.... maybe more so...

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com