Perfect Pitch

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 19:50:56 -0500

Friends,

        Pitch memory is probably a better name.  Two persons come to
mind when we get on this subject.  When I was in college and sang with a
group, we would ask one of the members to give us the pitch.  She could
do it, but she was always flat.  I just assumed the piano in her home
wasn't tuned to pitch and she learned off of that.
        When I was a high school choir director one guy would start
laughing during rehearsal.  I would ask what was so funny and he would
say, "We are going so flat!  Can't you hear it?!"  I couldn't, not the
way he could.  He is now a professional cellist with the Malaysia
Philharmonic, and I'm... oh, never mind.  <G>

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT