Knabe grand

Dad's tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:03:21 -0600

List
I tuned a Knabe Grand and broke a bicord string. This piano shows a =
history of string breakage at random across the scale
(to date 6 places).
The first tuning I did 6 months ago I broke a string just above the =
break. The piano has a very steep rise from the agraffs. Its at A440. I =
can't see any reason for the problem. Is this typical of Knabe grands of =
this vintage, or is it just this one. I have tuned 2 or 3 over the =
years, and one for a different client once a year for several years. Any =
clues?

Paul Chick
Plainview MN